Doesn’t Bacon make everything better? Earlier this year Bacon is the Beez chronicled one delicious way to eat bacon – wrapping cherry tomatoes with it. Today, another interesting method emerged: Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts and Bacon-wrapped dates, stuffed with parmesan cheese. At first, these treats do not seem like a natural combination, but one must have faith in the power of bacon. Has it ever let you down in the past?
The creator, Chef Angie Bartel, notes:
“There are many variations of this appetizer and mixing it up a bit each time is half the fun. They say everything is better with bacon and these treats don’t fail to please.”
1 pack of thin bacon
For the sauce:
1 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
2 T Worchester sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut the water chestnuts in halves or thirds and wrap with bacon.
3. Stuff dates with parmesan cheese, then wrap in bacon.
4. After you wrap each one, pierce with a toothpick to keep the bacon in place
5. Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer
6. Coat bacon-wrapped items in the sauce and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil
7. Bake in 450 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy
8. Turn occasionally for even browning